Lola Homsher Grant Program -- 2005 Grant Recipients
2005 Lola Homsher Awards
The recipients of the 2005 Wyoming State Historical Society Lola Homsher Award have been announced. Sixteen applicants submitted requests totaling $18,939. Only $3500 in funding is available each year. This year seven applicants received funding to be used for Wyoming-related historical research. Those individuals were:
1. Patsy Parkin of Wheatland, who received $1000 to aid in the publishing of a 4th Grade Wyoming history textbook
2. Larry Friedman of Green River received $750 to be used toward the photographing of features along some of Wyoming’s pioneer trails
3. Cat Urbigkit of Pinedale received $500 to be used for a book about the history of the wolf in Wyoming
4. Barbara Costopoulos of Guernsey received $500 to help capture the history of residents who lived in the mining town of Sunrise
5. Mary Lee Harris of Jay Em has been awarded $400 to research the history of entertainment at Ft. Laramie
6. Mary Kelley of Gillette received $200 to assist in the publishing of a document about the history of Campbell County street names
7. Rita Burleson of Laramie was awarded $150 to assist in her research of Sherman Coolidge, an Arapaho Indian and Episcopal Clergyman.
Wyoming State Historical Society
Lola Homsher Grant Program
PMB #184, 1740H Dell Range Blvd.
Cheyenne WY 82009-4946